Monday, September 7, 2015

Reread Rewrite Burn tag

While looking watching some of my favorite YouTube bookvloggers I came across the REREAD REWRITE BURN tag and it looked like a lot of fun. Here's the link to Katytastic's video as well as Jesse the reader.
How it works; I've put the names of 30 books that I've read into a jar. (If I put a series in I tried to only put the first and last book, which didn't work and you will see why.)
I will draw 3 book names out at a time and I will have to decide if I would REREAD it, REWRITE it or BURN it. (no books were harmed) :)

I will continue 5 times... here I go...

1st set
Reread is of course Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone.
Rewrite is The Night Circus, I don't know what I would change but I know I definitely don't want to see it go up in smoke.
Which brings me to Burn...Beautiful Darkness, Lena pulling away and the self pity/battle really annoyed me in this book. 

2nd set
Reread would be Delirium, this was one of my first YA Dystopians and it drew me in.
Rewrite is Divergent, I didn't fall in love with this book as much as everyone else but I did enjoy it.
I feel bad choosing The Forest of Hands and Teeth to Burn, but it was mainly for the lack of back story. I did enjoy this book thou.

3rd set
Reread Shutter Island, because come on, that ending!!! What? HUH? oh yes
I would Rewrite Beautiful Creatures mainly because it took me a while to get into
And Odd Thomas would Burn, Sorry.

4th set
This one was not as hard for me
I would definitely Reread Shiver, I really enjoyed Grace and Sams story.
The writing style of Half Bad took a little getting use to, so that would be my Rewrite.
I wanted so much more for the ending of the Mercy Falls Wolves that Forever just didn't bring it so this is my Burn.

5th set
This was my hardest decision. I Love all of these books, but here it goes...
Alyss is in my Heart, so The Looking Glass Wars is my Reread.
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies is the book to kick off my love of Jane Austen so Rewrite it is.
So I say this with a sad heart but Switched will Burn.


It was fun and made me think and I now challenge you.

No comments:

Post a Comment